Murfreesboro Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Put Decades of Experience on Your Side
Motorcyclists have the right to safely share the road with other motor vehicles. When crashes happen, the motorcyclist is at greater risk for injury. At Gritton & Gritton, our Murfreesboro motorcycle accident lawyer helps motorcyclists get the compensation they deserve for injuries caused by negligent, distracted, or reckless drivers.
Helmet Laws in Tennessee
Every state has their own laws regarding motorcycle helmets. In Tennessee, ALL motorcycle riders, regardless or age or if they are a passenger or the driver, must wear a helmet. Not only are helmets statistically proven to prevent or at least lessen head injuries when you get into an accident, wearing one shows that you are a responsible driver who took the proper precautions to keep yourself safe.
If you are not wearing a helmet and then get into an accident in Tennessee, you may be held partially liable. Additionally, not wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle is just not safe.
What to do After a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcyclists often say that it's not if you get into an accident, but when. It's true that driving a motorcycle is more dangerous than driving a car and getting into an accident is more likely to result in injuries or fatalities. With that in mind, it's best to be prepared.
If - or when - you get into an accident, keep the following in mind:
- Bikers are often blamed for accidents, even if the accident was not their fault. Protect yourself by installing a motorcycle dash cam.
- First and foremost, care for any injuries and call 911 if medical attention is needed right away.
- Take pictures of your injuries, damage to all vehicles involved, skid marks, the time of day on a watch or cell phone, location of the accident, etc. Anything that can be photographed to help you remember details later.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). Name, phone number, insurance information, license information are all important pieces of information for the insurance claim. Be sure to provide the same information for the other driver(s) as well.
- See a doctor. Even if you don't feel injured right away, adrenaline running high immediately after an accident can hide injuries. You may have aches and pains in the days or even weeks following the accident, so it's important to be examined by a doctor.
- If your accident was the fault of another, hiring a lawyer can be beneficial. Our Murfreesboro motorcycle accident attorneys can focus on recovering damages for you while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Advocating for Injured Motorcyclists
After a motorcycle accident injury, you may be facing a lengthy recovery period with a need for ongoing medical care and rehabilitation. Some accidents result in permanent disability. If your injuries were caused by the actions or negligence of another driver, an experienced personal injury lawyer can help determine the compensation to which you may be entitled. We aggressively advocate for the compensation you deserve.
We represent motorcyclists with serious injuries such as:
- Head and brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
As your attorneys, we will fight to help you recover appropriate compensation to cover your medical costs, lost wages, personal damages, and pain and suffering caused by a negligent or unsafe driver. Your attorney will handle your case personally from start to finish.
Let Our Legal Team Handle the Insurance Company
Don’t settle for less compensation than your claim is worth. Insurance companies frequently try to get away with paying as little as possible on accident claims. They may approach you with a settlement offer, but it is important that you seek legal representation to ensure that the compensation is adequate. Our Murfreesboro motorcycle accident attorney is skilled at dealing with insurance companies on behalf of our clients.